Intro to Digital Marketing for Charities and Nonprofits
This intro to digital marketing course is aimed at charities and nonprofits who are looking to understand different digital marketing methods, to enable teams to understand potential methods of marketing to maximise the impact of the project and reach more potential beneficiaries.
Who is this course for?
- Charities, nonprofits and voluntary organisations
What will you learn?
- Understand why digital marketing methods can be more effective in comparison to digital marketing.
- Understand the variety of ways digital marketing online can reach more beneficiaries and supporters.
- Begin to consider the best digital marketing methods to use for the project.
- Understand the digital marketing support on offer from the empower team
What does the course cover?
- Digital marketing strategy: An overview of what the different areas of digital marketing entail, how they can help you reach your target audiences, how much resource each takes and which ones to prioritise. This section includes details on how to write digital marketing plans and guidelines to make the most out of your marketing activity, understanding the most effective channels and ensuring more users are being reached.
- Content marketing: How to write effective content that encourages action from your audience, understanding the benefits of video assets tailored for social media, how to source new content and repurpose existing content.
- Social media: Overview of the purpose of different social media channels, setting achievable and measurable goals, tips on how to communicate with supporters, and grow followers and engagement levels.
- Paid media: Understanding of paid advertising on social media platforms, including Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Understanding of what’s involved in planning, delivery and reporting.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimisation): Understanding of what Search Engine Optimisation is and the best practice principles to adopt, ensuring more users are able to visit the website through Google Search.
What’s included in the course?
- 5 video lessons
- Downloadable video transcripts
- Downloadable training slides
- Certificate of completion
Who is leading the training?
Ben Matthews (@benrmatthews) is Director at empower, a digital marketing for social good, whose clients include UNICEF, UN Refugee Agency, Amnesty International, The Wildlife Trusts and The Jo Cox Foundation.
Empower set digital marketing strategy and run digital marketing campaigns, including social media, paid ads and email marketing, for charities big and small.
6 video lessons
Downloadable lesson transcripts
Downloadable course slides
Certificate of completion