How will your freelance business work?
If you’re at your desk, look around at your immediate surroundings.
Take notes of things that are near to you.
- What do you have around you?
- What do you value about a particular tool or part of your workspace?
- Is there anything cluttering up your workspace?
Is there anything that would make your daily work easier?
You might look at your laptop and think it’s getting a little old and slow.
You will likely spend most of your freelance career working on your laptop, so why not make sure it’s fast and lets you deliver your work at speed?
When I upgraded my laptop, it was amazingly refreshing not having to wait for my laptop to stop me in my tracks while I waited a file or website to load!
Do you have all the products and services you need to run your freelance business effectively?
- Have you got accounting software?
- Document storage like Google Drive or Dropbox?
- A place to track new business leads using a CRM like Hubspot?
- Are you using a task management tool like Asana or Trello?
What is missing?
What will make your work easier?
What will help you deliver more value to your clients?
Make a list of what you use now and what you might need to get.
THE FREETRAIN RESOURCES LIBRARY
If you’ve found a useful tool, product or resource for your freelance business and you’re happy with it, post it to the FreeTrain Community.
That’s all for today – on to the next lesson!